Experience at Other Universities or Equivalent Experience:

Credits for years of experience at another university, or equivalent experience elsewhere, can be negotiated and the agreed credit must be stated in your letter of appointment.
This has two applications:
1. An agreed credit may be applied to eligibility for sabbatical leave or librarians’ academic and professional leave.
2. If you are appointed with tenure or with a continuing appointment, credited years in rank reduce the service requirement for eligibility to apply for promotion [15.7.7
and 16.3].
3. If you are a member of a pension plan with your present employer make enquiries about portability of your pension to the WLU plan.
4. Ask the dean about the provision for office space, computer equipment, research/studio space and availability of research funds for new appointees.

Scroll to top