CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
OCUFA TEACHING AWARDS
OCUFA ACADEMIC LIBRARIANSHIP AWARD FOR 2016-2017
Deadline for receipt of nominations: May 26, 2017
- Each year OCUFA recognizes outstanding teachers and academic librarians in Ontario universities through its Teaching and Academic Librarianship Awards.
- Since 1973 OCUFA has presented 426 awards.
- The recipients are selected by the OCUFA Teaching and Academic Librarianship Awards Committee.
- Approximately 7 awards are presented.
- Teaching, in the context of the OCUFA awards, embraces virtually all levels of instruction – graduate and undergraduate teaching, continuing education and faculty development. Similarly, proficiency in teaching may extend well beyond the classroom, the laboratory or the faculty member’s office. Activities such as course design, curriculum development, organization of teaching programs and other significant forms of leadership are often important contributions to the instructional process. Those who excel in any of these are eligible for the OCUFA Teaching Awards.
- Academic librarianship, in the context of the OCUFA Awards, embraces all aspects of librarianship that contribute to the scholarly achievement of all members of the university community. Activities such as development and delivery of services, provision of educational materials, collection development and management and other contributions to academic librarianship are important to the intellectual functioning of the university. Those who excel in any of these are eligible for an OCUFA Academic Librarianship Award.
- Nominations are invited from individuals, informal groups of faculty or students, or both, and such organizations as local faculty associations, faculty or college councils, university committees concerned with teaching and learning, librarians, local student councils, departments, alumni, etc.
- Guidelines to assist in organizing a nomination should be consulted by prospective nominators and are available on request from your Faculty Association Office, the Provincial Office of OCUFA, or the OCUFA website (www.ocufa.on.ca).
- Deadline for receipt of nominations: May 26, 2017
- We request that all submissions be uploaded onto OCUFA’s secured online submission system as a single PDF file athttp://awards.ocufa.on.ca
- Inquiries to: 416-979-2117
Please see attached links ( 2017 Call for nomination_Librarian_English, 2017 Call for nomination_Teaching_English)for nomination packages. Please note that there are some changes to the Librarianship guidelines to encourage more librarianship submissions. There are also new format requirements for the dossier for both awards. Please distribute!
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact OCUFA for assistance.
Staff Support to the OCUFA Teaching and Academic Librarianship Awards Committee
Policy Officer of Information Systems and Office Management
17 Isabella Street, Toronto ON